With Christmas holidays approaching faster than you can say “I’d like Chanel under the tree please,” minds are turning to how we’ll spend that much-needed and craved-for vacation time.
My wish for us all is that our holiday time is spent somewhere exotic with someone extra spunky who’ll dispense back-massages and pina coladas on demand. I’m kind like that.
For a lot of us though, Christmas vacation time will probably mean packing for holidays with the family where the kids run wild with their cousins, we again get to see Great Aunt Joan tell stories with a mouth full of turkey, and Cousin Dave does his traditional ‘Elf Dance’ after having too many beers.
But wherever you’re headed, we’ll all face the same packing dilemma: how many shoes will I need?
For me, this is an ongoing conundrum. For a recent 3-night trip to the Gold Coast, I packed 5 pairs. A 4-night girls’ trip to the Whitsundays? 6 pairs. 5 nights at Fashion Week in Copenhagen? 9 pairs… and I came back with a couple more in my suitcase.
I’m yet to wear every single pair I pack on any given trip, but I take great comfort in knowing that whatever the likely occasion, my feet will be well shod.
Wherever I’m going though, and whatever the weather forecast for my destination, I’ll always pack – at a minimum – 4 pairs of shoes:
My go-to, in-transit shoe as they look tailored but are as comfy as a slipper. They’re also super-easy to slip on and off at airport security.
So easy to team with jeans, a short skirt, dress or capri pants, and practical for long lazy days sightseeing.
Cute ones that can be worn with shorts or jeans if there’s some kind of epic trek up mountains or through shopping malls. And so I can squeeze in a bit of exercise to work off the tubes of Pringles I’ll inevitably devour on the plane.
Because cocktails at night always demand these, and I’m not known to turn down a martini when the stars are out.
Before you start planning what to pack for your Chrissy holidays and reaching for your beaten-up old suitcase, consider popping into an ECCO store where they’re giving away this snazzy suitcase with every shoe purchase over $400 – while stocks last, so hurry.
So by updating your shoe-robe with a couple of pairs of great travelling shoes like the ones in my suitcase above, or pretty summer sandals and wedges like these, you’ll be rocking up to your destination in style.
“Plus, as a pre-Christmas toast to the readers of Fox in Flats, ECCO are giving away a $250 gift voucher to spend on our favourite thing – shoes!”
How to enter:
Simply tell us which pair of ECCO shoes from the current range you’d pack for your next holiday, and why.
TIP: Check out our Essential Spring/Summer 2013 Shoe Guide HERE where we feature our picks from the ECCO range.
- The prize is a $250 gift card redeemable in any ECCO shoe store in Australia.
- This giveaway is open to residents of Australia only.
- Be creative and fabulous (the way you usually roll, right?!) as the Fox who wins will be the one with a creative and fabulous answer.
- You can enter this promotion once only via the comments section below.
- Include your email address with your answer because that’s how we’ll contact you, and your entry won’t be valid otherwise.
- We will also announce the winner in our weekly newsletter. You can subscribe to that fun here.
- The promo runs from November 11th 2013 till midnight EST December 8th 2013.
- The winner will be chosen on December 9th, and contacted that day.
- Entrants must abide by the contest entry conditions listed above.