Classic, comfy and practical, Ballet Flats are an essential for every wardrobe. But sometimes, they can come off looking a little more frumpy than fabulous.
- How to style your Ballet Flats
- What to look for when buying Ballet Flats, and
- Where to wear them (as road-tested on all terrains!)
For Spring/Summer 2012, look for ballet flats in metallics, bright neons, soft pastels, and with woven features or stunning embellishments.”
Keep it lean
Show some skin
Lengthen your legs
The skinny on The Skinny
Dying to wear your skinny jeans with ballet flats? If they’re tight right through your calves and down to your ankles, it’s a big tick. Wear them long.
Amp the accessories
HOT SHOPPING TIP!
Ballet flats are more-often-than-not worn in direct contact with your skin, so look for flats that are fully lined in leather. This lining will allow your skin to breathe and stay comfortable. To check that they’re lined, put your hand into the shoe and feel all the way down to the tip.”
For ECCO stockists and product details click here
Where to wear Ballet Flats
- Clothes shopping – they’re easy to slip on and off in change rooms.
- Coffee with friends – instant chic.
- Walking to work – keep a lightweight pair in your bag and switch into heels when you hit the office.
- At the sandpit – they’re easy to kick on and off, and to empty of sand.
For more tips and ideas on how to wear this year’s Spring Shoe Trends, download the Fox in Flats Essential Spring Shoe Guide.
ENTER HERE for the chance to win a $260 gift card to spend on shoes thanks to ECCO!
Be quick as entries close soon.
Want more Fox in Flats?