Ever wanted to create a fancy-looking side pony, fast? Special Fox contributor Pene Turner shows us how.
This hairstyle is quick, easy and works best on messy hair.”
This is my hair unbrushed, un-washed and full of knots. But this ‘do works just as well on smooth straight hair as it does on my mess, as no volume is needed.
1. Start by taking a section of hair and pinning it up.
2. Keep pinning, working down the side of your head. Every next section fold up over the top of the last. Try to push your bobby pins in so that you can’t see them.
3. Keep going until you reach the opposite side. The effect is a sort of messy ‘roll’. Roll and roll and before you know it you will be talking in a Swedish voice and pretending you are making a strudel!!!
4. Scoop up the remaining hair and tie off in a side pony.
5. Pin a flower for a hint of summer.
Ta dah! Perfect for a casual look – taking the kids to school, movies, or joining me on the back deck for a glass of vino 😉
Want more great hair ideas from Pene, shot in her Western Australian backyard oasis? Check out How to get awesome hair overnight with an old stocking and a stiff drink.
What’s your go-to hairdo for a messy hair day? And where’s your favourite spot for a glass of vino with friends?