By Tegan Taylor
Scarves are one of those winter staples that make you look instantly more put-together. But here at Fox in Flats, winter isn’t enough for us! We reckon scarves are stylish all year round. To prove it, here’s a round-up of the internet’s best when it comes to making scarves work for summer, plus a couple of tips of our own.
A classic for a reason. Fold a square scarf in half diagonally and loop it around your neck with the largest part of the triangle in front. Creates instant colour, it’s great camouflage for baby-spew, and distraction from whatever body-image issues you have going on. What a winner.
Scarf on bag
A small scarf casually trailing from a statement bag somehow screams “expensive”, even if neither the scarf nor the bag are. Just be sure to flick the scarf inside the bag before setting it down on floors or other dirty surfaces.
Scarf in your hairdo
Refresh your memory on how to wear a scarf in your hair without looking like Captain Feathersword with this previous Fox in Flats post.
Best of the net
The internet is teeming with tips on how to mix up your scarf-wearing techniques. Here are some of the best:
- Inspiration from headscarf queen Keiko Lynn (from our header image)
- 15 ways to wear summer scarves
- 15 chic and creative ways to tie a scarf
- The Master List: 50+ ways to tie a scarf
- 5 ways to tie the same scarf
- 15 DIY hacks for scarves — includes tips on turning scarves into watch straps, dresses, shoe decorations and even bags!
How to you wear your scarves in summer?
More Fox in Flats: