The hair straightener is one of my favourite hair styling tools, but I’ll admit, it’s easy to let it languish in the drawer until the baby-sitter rocks up and I’ve got more time to get all fancy with my hair.
So to make sure we all make the most of our hair straighteners, here’s 3 super-fast hairstyles that’ll take less than 3 minutes.
1. The quick slick ponytail trick
This is a brilliant short-cut to looking polished, fast.
- Pull your hair back into a tight pony, and straighten the ponytail with your hair straightener.
- Tame the flyways that can gather around your hairline by spritzing a toothbrush with hairspray and smoothing away from your face.
- For extra polish, finish with a metallic hair cuff.
2. The Gossip Girl
A great quick hairstyle for the day after you’ve straightened your hair.
- Dust the roots with mattifying powder to soak up any oil.
- Create a deep side part and smooth the front section of your hair down toward your nose.
- Smooth with your hair straightener, then comb gently toward your ear.
- Position an Alice band in the centre of your head.
- Smooth out the ends of your hair with your hairs straightener.
- Grab your iPhone and start texting.
3. A little bit kinky
2 minutes of curling with your hair straightener will deliver a ‘do that’d make Alexa Chung envious. And it’s a great way to make a masterpiece out of 2nd day or I’m-in-a-hurry air-dried hair.
- Centre part your hair, combing the crown forward, but leaving space so you can see.
- Grab handfuls of hair – about 1 inch worth – and by starting just above your ears, twist your hair around your hair straightener, moving away from your face.
- Repeat for all of your hair.
- When cool, finger comb into messy waves, and mist with light hairspray.
- Crank up the tunes when you get into the family wagon and work your inner rock chick.