Pore strips are a handy way to clear some of the oil and dirt that can build up on your skin – especially around your nose. Plus, there’s something ickily satisfying about seeing the gross grime that is removed from your skin. But they can be pretty expensive, so here’s how to make your own, using items you’ve probably already got in your home.
DIY Pore Strips
- 1 tsp gelatine
- 1 tsp milk
- Distract the kids with something that’ll keep them occupied for at least 15 minutes. Chocolates and TV are perfectly acceptable – no judgement!
- Mix ingredients together, and microwave on high for 10 seconds. Stir to dissolve. Pop into the microwave for another 2 secs if it needs more zapping.
- Cool so it’s easy to touch.
- Spread on the parts of your face you think need exhuming, and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Peel off, and peek gleefully at the nasties that have been living in your skin.
- Optional: Show the kids and really freak them out.
Do you have any great beauty DIYs you’d like to share with everyone at Fox in Flats, and would you like to do a guest post? Drop me a line at foxinflats (at) hotmail (dot) com.