If you’re anything like me, you’ve got piles of scarves snaking around in the closet. But just how often do you wear them?
This week, we’re continuing our series of style challenges by daring you to accessorise with the one simple, classic item that all of us will undoubtedly have in our wardrobes: the scarf.
Whether it’s with a wisp of silk, a drape of cotton, or a wrap of wool, the challenge is simple:
Wear a scarf every day, in a different way, for 7 days straight.
6 reasons to try the scarf dare:
1. It’ll be a great way to bust out of an accessory rut.
2. You’ll probably discover a bunch of new, easy ways to wear your scarves that you’ve not considered before.
3. You’ll cheer up your scarves. They’ve been really lonely shoved away in your closet, and would love an outing with you to prove their worth.
4. You probably won’t have to buy anything new to participate.
5. We’ve got loads of tips, ideas and inspiration to get you going.
6. We’ll call you “chicken” if you don’t join in. “Burk, Burk, Burk!”
- Join in whenever you like, but to complete the Dare you need to do it for 7 days straight.
- Each way you wear your scarf must be distinctly different from another.
- Choose any type of scarf you like, but challenge yourself to wear your scarf in a way you’ve not done before.
Tips & ideas:
Click here for 3 ways to wear a headscarf without looking like Captain Feathersword.
More cute ideas on how to wear a silk scarf – click through the image for step-by-step guides.
And just because every-time I see this photo I swoon:
For more scarf-speration, check out our file of scarf ideas on Pinterest. It’s a catalogue of awesome photos of women wearing scarves in different ways, and includes links to loads of scarf tying how-to’s from around the net.
What’s a dare without proof that you’ve done it?
We wanna see how you’ve accessorised with your scarves this week, so upload your photos in the comments section below, or share them on Facebook or Twitter, using #scarfdare. If you have an iPhone, try the Instagram app for a quick way to share your shots – you can edit then post them straight away, and it’s free!
And if you’re technologically challenged or simply too shy to showcase your scarf-action, why not just tell us the different ways you’ve worn your scarfs this week as you complete the dare?
We’ll then showcase some of our favourite reader photos and scarf-tying ideas on site over the next month or so.
So… are you in? Or are you ‘Chicken’?
Missed out on the fabulous style dares we’ve run in the past? It’s not too late to try them. Click here, browse away and select a challenge that’ll take you out of your style comfort zone. Five bucks says you’ll be happy you did!